11.03.2011

why i should listen when erica speaks

erica told me that there's something for everyone in baseball.

i should have listened!

and i should have watched the world series!!!!  because then i wouldn't have missed one of my faves (See below).

(well, technically, now i didn't miss him because i obviously found the footage online.  and not only did i get to watch it, but i'm sharing it with you luckies!)

here he is for you.  chris daughtry.  (yes, he's his own sentence.)




and if that didn't do it for you...

SOME MORE FAVES, AS PROMISED, FROM CHRISTY

Twitterview with Sarah Darer Littman, author of Want To Go Private? a contemporary novel for young adults that was published this past August.  (P.S. There's a giveaway at the end!  Win a signed copy of her book!)

Cheryl Reif Writes:  How to Write When You Aren't In The Mood (especially for those of you with a daily word count goal!!!)

Nathan Bransford's How to Start Writing a Novel (My fave part of this post are his links to:  How to Make Sure You Have a Plot and What Makes a Good Voice)

Did you know?  Suzie Townsend moved!  Here she is at her new home--Nancy Coffey Lit Agency (oh, and she's accepting queries again!)

Checking out Maureen Johnson's Web site and titles since a new agent mentioned(in an interview) her books when stating she is looking for sweet contemporary ya projects.  I can always add more contemp ya to my TBR list!!!! 

OH!  And here's the above mentioned interview (@motherwriterepeat) and agent:  Hannah Bowman with Liza Dawson Associates! 


The Sharp Angle:  Starting a Trek Up a New Mountain (advice on starting a brand new novel).  This blog is worth a look, not only for this post but all before it and after it!)


have a great thursday!  (personally, i'm looking fwd to friday.  i have parent/teacher conferences again tonight.  i'm used to putting in a five hour day, but today is over 12.  blech.)

(who am i kidding?  i just want it to be saturday.  that's writing day, right?)

7 comments:

  1. All great links. And that Suzy Townsend move was imminent...once you blog together, well, you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That erica, right? And wow. People keep leaving Fine Print. I wonder what's the deal... As for those links, LOL at Nathan's "How to know you have a plot." umm... that would be helpful.

    You guys are too cute! :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rushing right over to read Cheryl and Nathan's posts - thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, great links. I love it when someone else looks up these things for me :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of all the wise things I've said, THIS is what you give me credit for?? ;)

    I forgot about a couple of these links, thanks. Although I still can't get on the Bransford blog...
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went around all during the World Series explaining to people who asked that I lost interest in baseball during the strike, and that's when I started liking tennis instead, so no, I wasn't watching. And then I finally realised that I was giving out more information than people were asking for. Ooops, I did it again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I haven't been around here in such a long time. :-)

    Every day is writing day for me. It's NaNoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with us! Share your thoughts.