1.10.2012

ABNA

ABNA = Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award

You have nothing to lose by entering (seriously, nothing. it's free). So get your 300-word pitch (don't worry about the description, it can be the same as your pitch), your 3,000-5,000 word excerpt (which you've already perfected), and your ms ready to submit. Submissions open on January 23rd. Details here.

I didn't finish the novel I wanted to submit. Or the other one I decided to switch over to writing when I didn't finish the other one. So I'm submitting the same as last year. And you know what? I'm giving myself permission. The others will be finished soon and I WILL NOT feel bad about it.

There. I feel better. (any confessions? or contests? or words that don't begin with c? leave them in the, well, comments!)

10 comments:

  1. thanks, erica! i needed a laugh this morning. soooo tired. not a pleasant night. gah. and now i have three hours to myself. and well, sawyer. and i should, am supposed to, might try to...sleep. BUT really want to finish revisions and critique and WRITE!!!! (shhh. don't tell nathan. really, i'm sleeping.) christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up. I haven't entered any contests yet. You're right, I guess there really isn't anything to lose :)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sentiments exactly! We are on the same wavelength Erica. I have nothing new either and I am submitting BG again.

    Lets's hope we make it to the quarter-finals this year. Perhaps threes the charm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, fun! Keep us posted on the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! Even though I'm too chicken to actually submit to ABNA, I love all the energy it brings to the blogosphere. Hey, you know what? One of my sister's friends was an ABNA judge last year, and she had her own kind of drama from her end of it---do you think it might be fun if I could get her to do an anonymous interview at my place during the awards? What kinds of questions would you like to ask?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the info. I'm posting the details on my blog to share the amazing opportunity with fellow bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! Great that you you are moving ahead and not giving up.
    Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pro-ABNA. I was a quarter finalist last year and it totally gave me the ego boost I needed to write another (and ultimately better) book. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with us! Share your thoughts.