4.03.2013

According to Dr. Suess....

We are elementary school teachers.  Therefore, we celebrate Dr. Suess and his stories.  Recently, it was his birthday.  In my classroom, we made oobleck, wrote crazy rhymes, drew imaginative illustrations, and of course read, read, read!

April 3, 2013...More quotes for you!

“I am weird, you are weird. Everyone in this world is weird. One day two people come together in mutual weirdness and fall in love.”
Dr. Seuss

“Today I shall behave, as if this is the day I will be remembered.”
Dr. Seuss

“Writing simply means no dependent clauses, no dangling things, no flashbacks, and keeping the subject near the predicate. We throw in as many fresh words we can get away with. Simple, short sentences don't always work. You have to do tricks with pacing, alternate long sentences with short, to keep it vital and alive.... Virtually every page is a cliffhanger--you've got to force them to turn it."~”
Dr. Seuss

“You're never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child.”
Dr. Seuss

“Cause when a guy does something stupid once, well that’s because he’s a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that’s usually to impress some girl.”
Dr. Seuss

“It is better to know how to learn than to know.”
Dr. Seuss

“You can find magic
wherever you look.
Sit back and relax,
all you need is a book.”
Dr. Seuss

“If I were invited to a dinner party with my characters, I wouldn't show up.”
Dr. Seuss

“Sometimes you will never know the value of something,until it becomes a memory.”
Dr. Seuss

2 comments:

  1. Fun quotes. I love Dr. Suess. I remember getting a book of his every month in the mail and I loved reading his books to my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Seuss has always touched my heart. His wisdom surpasses his time. Thank you for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with us! Share your thoughts.