3.28.2017

Ten YA Fantasy Spring Break Reads

I'm a teacher on spring break this week. My "final" revisions and edits on When Smoke Rains Down (out this May!) were due to my editor yesterday. I didn't make my deadline. She gave me a one week extension. So now I have this week to finish fleshing out some additional chapters and readingthe story through to make sure I'm happy with how it flows, to make sure my characters are consistent, and to add in sensory and setting details. I wouldn't be as far as I am without my gracious critique partners who read and provided feedback quickly for me. I went through each section of my manuscript 4-5 times in the past two days to incorporate all their suggestions and tidy up the messy parts. I even skipped sleeping.

In addition to finishing those revisions and hanging out with my three kiddos (and maybe taking a nap!), I plan to catch up on some VERY overdue reading. My spring break reading list includes these fantasy titles. As I finish them, I will come back and let you know my thoughts!

(I'm being overly ambitious, as I tend to be in all that I do, but what I don't read this week, I'll read over the course of the next few months. In addition to several other titles on my TBR list. Some I've added to my pen name's Goodreads shelf if you want to see what else I'm looking forward to reading soon!)

What books are on your TBR for this spring and upcoming summer?











2 comments:

  1. I know a couple of those authors!
    Hope you get all the revisions done within the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a couple of these and they were good. I'm mostly reading adult mysteries right now. Congrats on finishing your revisions!

    ReplyDelete

Stay and chat with us! Share your thoughts.